Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Makeovers: Cosmetology portfolio images

This shoot was for portfolio images for cosmetology students Shannon Ackley and my sister Jessica Doty. I cant remember the last time I had so much fun! These ladies are seriously talented and creative. If you are interested in their work, pop over to Regency Institute in Lansing in a month or two and pay them a visit!

Before & After "Cavewoman"



Before & After



Before & After "Scene"



Before & After "Phantom of the Opera" (My fave- totally stealing this look!)

3 comments:

  1. I saw these on facebook...I love them all! You all did such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE these! Great make overs and fantastic pics!! What do you use for backgrounds? I totally need to invest in some...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies!

    Claire, I have a couple of cheap backdrops that I bought on Ebay, and I also made a few of my own (although they arent very wide). I also use Savage seamless paper backgrounds. I used that for the girl with the "Scene" make-over. I've been using the same roll for over a year now, and I dont think it cost me more than $20. They come in every color imaginable too- love em! Just use a little gaffer's tape to secure it to the ground.

    ReplyDelete